Monday, November 4, 2013

Is It Really November?

I had really good intentions about posting regularly on my blog, but time has really just raced by this summer and fall.  My daughter had some very serious health problems and things were pretty tense for a couple of months, but she is really doing well now.  And, I am once again focusing on my artsy endeavors with renewed enthusiasm.  Have lots of things on the schedule and lots of projects I want to complete.

Last weekend (April 26th), I was a dealer at the Louisville Miniature Club Show with my miniature books and fine silver accessories. The Club put on a very well-organized show and they really made the dealers feel welcome.  I had a great time and am pleased to say that I sold some miniatures.  And, I will be going back to Louisville next spring to teach a silver clay miniature class for the Club.  After looking at the club members' miniature exhibits on display at the show, I know it will be a class that is filled with lots of creative energy.  The  two photos are of the booth that Phyllis Brown and I shared.  (My books and silver are in the photo on the left.)  Phyllis (in the photo on the right) does lots of miniature ceramics and laser-cut wooden pieces.  (Her laser work is fabulous!!)

As the Sales Room Chair for the 2014 Online Houseparty, I have also been busy recruiting dealers for the houseparty which will take place next April.  This is something new for NAME, but I think it is going to a really great event.  It is a great opportunity to attend a miniature convention without hotel and transportation expenses.  And, you can attend the online events in your PJs if you want and shop 24/7.

This week, I am hanging my prints at the Irvington branch of the Indianapolis Public Library.  They will be up for the rest of November and December.  I love hanging my work there--the staff are great and the hanging system is really wonderful.  Once I get them hung I will post some photos.  Then the following week I will be back at the library to install some of my miniatures in one of the display cases in the entry hall.  I will  post photos of that exhibit also.

And, then the weekend before Thanksgiving (November 23-24) I will be very busy at the Autumn Art Fair at the Garfield Park Art Center in Indy.  I will be there selling my fused glass jewelery and some prints.  See my next post--probably Tuesday for more details about the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment