Wednesday, November 27, 2013

It's Thanksgiving and Miniature-Making Time

Well, the Autumn Art Fair at Garfield Park was last Saturday and Sunday.  A bit cold, but still had good traffic and sales. And, I am still working on packing away everything from the show and getting reorganized for lots of miniature-making.

So, what is next on my agenda? On Tuesday, December 10 (6:30 - 8:30), I am teaching a Holiday Book class at the Garfield Park Art Center.  In this class we will be making a tiny holiday book (picture coming soon) with a short story inside.  (I will be providing the pre-printed stories for the students to assemble.)  These are great as a tiny gift, a necklace, or a holiday decoration. Call (317) 327-7135 to register, or sign up online.  To see more of the classes and events offered at Garfield, visit their website at www.gpacarts.org

I also have several miniature book projects that I need to get busy on.  And, I have lots of miniatures to make--I will be selling miniature books and fine silver accessories for the well-appointed dollhouse at the Three Blind Mice Miniature Show in Chicago April 10 - 12.  I just got signed up, so I am not yet listed as a dealer on their web page, but I am really excited about being a dealer at this show.  And, if you are in Chicago for the miniature shows in April, I do hope you will stop by and see me.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Marti



No comments:

Post a Comment