Friday, June 21, 2013

Very Busy Spring!


It has been months since I posted anything on my blog.  I always have good intentions about keeping it up, but I get involved in things and the blog goes to the bottom of the list.  So, I have decided that for the remainder of 2013, I will make two posts a month--even if they are really short posts.  Hopefully this will get me back in the habit of posting regularly.

So, what have I been up to?  Well, I am still working on organizing my studio.  That probably won't be done till the end of September now since summer slipped up on me and I am now spending time working in the garden.  I have tilled up one area and I am putting in a cottage garden.  As soon as the basics for that are completed, I will start on my fairy garden.  I am really excited about the fairy garden--I want to get as much done on that as I can this summer, but it is probably a two year project.  And, yes, I am getting up early to garden before it gets too hot.

In April, I attended the big miniature show in Chicago ( Tom Bishop Chicago International Show)
and took a few classes.  And then in May I attended the NAME (National Association of Miniature Enthusiasts) regional convention (a "houseparty" in miniature-speak) in Lexington, KY.  I had a great time; took several classes there also.  Now I have more unfinished projects.


At Lexington, I also taught a miniature silver clay class.  Had great students and everyone finished their projects--a fine silver picture frame and a lidded trinket bowl.  I was really excited about how well everyone's projects turned out.  Miniaturists are great students!!  If you would like to see more pictures of my fine silver miniatures, please visit my Miniature Gallery page.

And, coming up on July 13, I will be teaching a two miniature bookmaking workshops at the Museum of Miniature Houses in Carmel, Indiana.  The morning class will be focused on faux books and the afternoon will be spent making an "open" book and a book with readable text.

Make a single book to lay on a table
or make a bookshelf full.

We will age the pages to make our
opened book look ancient
And tiny books can be readable!
For more information and to register for one or both of my bookmaking classes visit the Museum website

Hope you have a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment